CPR and First Aid Training
The Division of Fire offers courses in CPR and First Aid to the general public. Upon successful completion of the course participants are awarded an American Heart Association certification card.
- Heartsaver CPR/ AED (Cost is $30 per person)
This course is designed for anyone who needs to learn CPR, including corporate and retail employees, child care providers, security/ law enforcement, and most anyone who needs a course completion card in CPR. It is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult, child, and infant CPR; AED use; and how to relieve choking.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Cost is $30 per person)
This course reinforces healthcare professionals' understanding of the importance of early CPR and defibrillation, basic steps of performing CPR, relieving choking, and use of an AED.
- HeartSaver First Aid (Cost is $20 per person)
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
The course teaches basic first aid skills such as
- Bleeding control.
- Basic splinting and immobilization.
- Assisting the victim of an environmental emergency (Heatstroke, Hypothermia, etc).
For more information or to register for a course please call 645-6360